Tuesday, February 22, 2011

FAQ

I know you all have so many questions. Especially about a blog that is about 2 hours old. So here I am, answering those pressing questions! You're welcome.

1. Why are you using a lame template for your blog?

Since I'm keeping things simple this time around, I figured that I should also keep my blog simple. No fancy bells and whistles. Not yet anyway. I won't promise anything because I may find an amazing app or layout or widget or whatever you call things that take up space on your blog and I may just feel the need to glam it up. Who knows. I don't.

For now, I'm going with the template. Who has the time or energy to deal with CSS coding and creating background images or custom fonts? (Can you do that? I'm sure you can. Last week, two humans battled a computer on Jeopardy--anything is possible.) Well I certainly don't. Not today anyway.

Plus, I figured, if I set books as my background, you will assume that I read.

2. Why do you look the way you do.

My mother is Thai and my father is Filipino. They're both very attractive people and I always wondered to myself (and anyone that would listen--that's you out there) why I don't look like either of them. I'm not saying that I think I'm ugly, I just don't know where I get my physical traits from. So to answer your question, I don't know either.

3. How can you already have an FAQ post when your blog has only been up for a tiny, tiny fraction of the day.

Why aren't there purple gummy bears? Why do people in LA drive the way they do when it rains? These are questions beyond simple answers. So let's just let it be.

4. What can I expect to read about on this new blog of yours?

You can expect to read about what goes on in my mind. If a reader, like yourself, has a question, I can do my best to answer it. If you have a dream, I can interpret it.* (I'm a certified dream interpreter. I just declared it today.) I suppose the best answer is to not expect anything other than me. I don't even know what to expect.

5. Why do you have an obsession with food?

Okay, first of all. Who can't relate to food? Well not being food, but the subject of it. I see food everywhere I look. In the clouds, in toys, and even in food. I mean, there's not one person that won't understand a hot dog or ice cream reference. Everyone knows what it is. And don't be a smart ass and tell me that people in rural Africa wouldn't know because they do. What do you think they eat while they watch baseball games? Well? That's what I thought.

6. Why don't you proofread your posts?

Because, contrary to my blog background picture. I don't enjoy reading. Not my own posts anyway. Proofreading forces one to second guess their thoughts. Would you ask a teenage girl (or boy--no judgement here) to proofread their diary? Well, my dad did. But that's another story. The point is, you wouldn't. What I write is what I feel at the time and there's no proofreading your thoughts. And now I'm going to post this....

*For a fee of $29.95 per thought. Shipping and handling are not included.

3 comments:

  1. btw...I was gonna say that I actually liked your background. The books are all so colorful! It suites you well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the going rate for dream interpretation. In fact, I probably should charge more, but I profit a lot though shipping and handling since I email my interpretations.

    ReplyDelete