Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A New Beginning (again)

Here I am. A serial blogger. I know what you're thinking. "Really Jane? Another blog?" Well, yes.

This time, I'm going back to my roots of blogging. Going passed the failed attempts of making blogging a full time career that generates loads of monetary gifts and has hysterical fans who live and breathe every word I write. (Ok, maybe that wasn't my goal with the other blogs, but if it happened, I wouldn't deny the public of their demands.) We're going back to when blogging was a fun non-profit organization--as in me, being organized and writing on a normal basis. Just doing my thang.

For Lent 2011 (like how I billed it as an exciting event by simply adding a year to the end of it? Try it for your upcoming happenings and see how it transforms it for just $0.) I decided to be a little more positive. Whenever I think a bad thought, I stop it before its venom takes a hold of my nervous system and replace it with a positive one. It's my "test of optimism".

I know I'm an optimist at heart. Somehow, in the mix of trying to be an adult, I've lost touch with my pure and utter randomness that my friends and family know me for and with it, my optimism. Suddenly, everything is about making it big and getting that promotion when it should be about enjoying nights and weekends. Or dare I say it? Work.

I have a fun job. I work with fun people. I come home to an awesome family, group of supportive friends, and amazing boyfriend. What's there to be upset about?

So here's to you optimism. I'm calling shotgun on your behalf in my car of life. And we're just going to keep driving for the hell of it. Dispite those rising gas prices.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for optimism! I'm gonna do the same, but I'm not gonna start until March 9th, because it's the official day. Yes, let Ash Wednesday mark the day because I'm too selfish and I want to be mad at certain people.

    Anyway, hooray to you! You can do it!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete